Old Oaks is nestled within western North Carolina’s natural playground. There are so many different things to do in your local area. You can go sightseeing in our local towns that offer historical sites and active downtown areas. If you love being out in nature, take a moment to look at the natural North Carolina attractions:
- Pisgah National Forest – This protected forest offers nature lovers around 500,000 acres that includes trails that wind through high peaks, waterfalls, and offers breathtaking views. You can enjoy rock climbing, hiking, camping, horseback riding, and so much more within the borders of this national forest. It has a rich history, as it was purchased under the Weeks Act of 1911, which eventually led to the creation of National Forests in the U.S. It includes mountains such as Table Rock, Black Mountain, Blue Ridge Mountains and more!
- Lake James – Lake James offers water recreation lovers a wonderland! You can go boating, fishing, or swimming. However, it surprises many people by offering much more than that. Enjoy the Bear Creek Marina which offers a lakefront restaurant and sports bar. Find live music on the weekends and karaoke as well, so you can enjoy your nightlife. Even more than lakeside dining, there are also biking trails and cabin rentals available. Lake James also offers sightseers Lake James Cellars, a winery!
- Whitewater Rafting – For the adrenaline seeker in all of us, there is whitewater rafting available as well! Through USA Raft or River & Earth Adventures you can enjoy anywhere from a mild trip down to a wild trip down!
- Zip-Lining – Navitat is a fully guided, 100-percent tree-based tour that showcases the beauty of North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Linville Gorge/Caverns – Linville Gorge is the premiere hiking and rock climbing destination within the Blue Ridge Mountains, it has even been nicknamed the ‘Grand Canyon of the East’. It follows the Linville River and gives a scenic tour of North Carolina. If seeing inside the mountain is what interests you then you can visit the Caverns. See for yourself the formations including stalactites and stalagmites and high arched ceilings!
Old Oaks Estates is in a prime location and has many popular sightseeing destinations within minutes away. To purchase your North Carolina homesite, contact us today!