Living in Old Oaks Estates doesn’t only mean living in a premier mountain community home but it means having options for activities all around you as well. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy and entertained in the local areas.
- Yiannai’s Family Restaurant offers diners a taste of Greek cuisine, pizza, pasta, and seafood. It is open 7 days a week.
- The Grind Cafe is the local coffee shop that offers a quiet and relaxing setting for coffee lovers!
- Root&Vine brings together the love of diner food but with a contemporary twist. It was voted the best of Burke County in 2011.
- King Street Cafe offers an elegant atmosphere set in a Victorian Home.
You can find plenty of art in Morganton, NC and nearby. Downtown Morganton is rich with culture and art making it a must visit part of town. You can visit their website to find events!
- Lake James Antiques and Winery– Not only is Lake James a popular boating destination but it also has its own winery! Lake James Cellars offers a large selection of local wines and even allows you to create your own custom wine! They also keep local art on display and share a location with Old Mills Antiques.
Local Historical Sites
Morganton was established in 1777, leaving it deep with historical value. The Historic Burke Foundation Inc. has put together a list of popular sightseeing districts. These districts include Avery Avenue, Jonesboro, North Carolina School for the Deaf and many more.
Local Outdoors Activities
There is plenty to do outside including horseback riding, hiking, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, and more!
- Table Rock – Enjoy a day in this Scenic part of Pisgah National Forest. Go hiking, biking, or rock climbing.
- Linville Caverns – See what the inside of a mountain looks like. There are formations, underground water sources with trout, and more!
- Lake James – Go swimming, boating, and more on Lake James.
See Recommended Local Companies
Tech Industries Nearby
- Apple iCloud data center – Maiden, NC
Apple’s new $1 billion, 500,000 square foot data center is located in Maiden, less than an hour southeast of Old Oaks Estates.
- Google data center – Lenoir, NC
Google has built their $600 million data center in Lenoir, minutes away from Old Oaks Estates.
- Facebook data center – Forest City, NC
Facebook is building a $450 million, 300,000 square foot data center in Forest City, an hour south of Old Oaks Estates.
Old Oaks Estates offering prime western North Carolina real estate. Join our gated community and see why you will love living amongts the mountains in North Carolina. Contact us today to reserve your mountain view homesite.